Sponsorship Packages For The 8th Annual Lexington Pride Festival ARE NOW AVAILABLE!
The Pride Festival Planning Committee, on behalf of The Gay and Lesbian Services Organization (GLSO), invites you to become a sponsor of the 2015 Lexington Pride Festival. Now in our 8th year, our festival has grown from humble beginnings as a small gathering of promoters of equality and fairness on a family farm, to an all-day civic event attended by an estimated 15,000 people in 2014. It is through support from sponsors such as you that we have expanded into a much-anticipated annual event in Central Kentucky.
Funds raised by The Lexington Pride Festival support the mission and vision of the GLSO by educating, enhancing, and empowering members of the LGBTQ+ communities through grassroots community involvement. Our programs include:
- Lexington Gay/Straight Alliance – a discussion and events-based group for teens and young adults.
- Heart to Heart Discussion Group – a roundtable discussion focused on confidentiality, respect, and acceptance.
- Seasoned Independent People (SIP) – a social group for LGBTQ+ seniors.
- Counseling – free on-site counseling and referral services.
- Company Q – a social justice-based theatre ensemble for queer and allied teens.
- TransKentucky –a safe place for transgender individuals and people who feel they do not fit into the standard gender norms to express their true selves.
- Pride Center Library – free lending library with over 1,700 LGBT titles.
- LinQ Magazine – Kentucky’s premier LGBT magazine that features a calendar of events, writer columns, and LGBT personal articles.
It is the goal of the Lexington Pride Festival to provide an entertaining, relaxed, enjoyable atmosphere to celebrate our diverse and valued community and support the ongoing year-round activities of the GLSO. Enclosed you will find descriptions of sponsorship opportunities. Your fiscal support as a Pride Festival Sponsor enables the continued success of the GLSO and plays a vital role in your community. As always, the Festival Planning Committee welcomes you to our open meetings on the fourth Thursday of every month at the Pride Center at 6:30 p.m.
Please contact me at: email@example.com or 859-492-3110 with any questions you have about Lexington Pride 2015.
Sponsorship Chair – Lexington Pride Festival 2015